Monday, July 21, 2014

Moving to Eaton!

We got transfer doctrine news and Elder Miller will be going to "die" in Boulder. He has 4 weeks of his mission left before he goes home for school and instead of leaving him here, President is sending him to the most liberal area ever! I am getting a "greenie" AKA a brand new missionary out of the MTC. I remember how I felt six months ago so hopefully I can help him out and we can work hard.

We are moving to Eaton this week, which means we are leaving the Spanish Elders alone in the apartment. This will be my first time living with members so we'll see how that goes.

I had the opportunity to speak on Sunday in Sacrament meeting. Before the meeting, our mission president, President Brown, came and said hi to us and we told him we were speaking so he stuck around to listen. I was assigned to speak on "How to increase our faith in Jesus Christ" but I also added "through missionary work" at the end. I talked about how inviting others to increase their faith dramatically helps our own faith. I talked about President Uchtdorf's talk "Lift Where You Stand" and invited the ward to lift where they stand, whether that be a stay at home mom or business man. It was great to testify to the ward that I know this work is true and that Jesus Christ lives.

We also celebrated Elder Miller's 21st birthday this week. As you can see, we went a little wild.

I love my mission and hope to find some new people to teach this week.
Love you all,
Elder Sell

No comments:

Post a Comment