Sunday, July 20, 2014

"There is more to Life"

So the other night we went to see a guy we classify as an eternal investigator AKA eternagator. He told us he and his family were going to another church and his reason why was devastating! He doesn't want to go to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because he knows he will find out it is true and he doesn't want that. He doesn't want to change so the reason he isn't seeking for the truth is because he doesn't want to act on it. How SAD?!?! SMH (shaking my head) There are many parts of being a missionary that are hard but there are many parts that are memorable and awesome!

We taught many active members the first two lessons this week with hopes that they will refer us to their friends that are ready to receive the Gospel. We are struggling to find right now so we are really devoting most our time to teaching the members the importance of sharing the Truth we have. If we don't share it, then we are being selfish and that's "no bueno". (Elder Blackham would say that all the time haha)

I was in Sacrament meeting yesterday and pondering some things. Suddenly it hit me like a box of rocks but in a good way. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I've received that witness time and time again and I know that as I practice what it preaches that I grow as a Son of God. That's not what hit me though. What hit me was that the Book of Mormon is "Another Testament of Jesus Christ" and that really sunk into my heart. Jesus Christ LIVES! I have trouble envisioning things before my time. For example, for the longest time I believed there was no color when my parents or grandparents grew up. I seriously thought they saw in black and white and everything was gray scale! (based on those old TV shows) Yes, before this point yesterday I had a testimony that Christ is my Redeemer and Savior but some deeper meaning came to me. I know that the Holy Ghost taught me what I needed to learn yesterday and I can't really explain it but I know it is true. What the scriptures, both the Bible and the Book of Mormon, say about Jesus Christ is entirely true. He walked the Earth and really performed all those miracles, and most importantly, he suffered, died, and was resurrected for us. Because of Him, I too will be resurrected and I have the opportunity to repent of my sins and be made clean through His Atonement. It just hit me on a level that is beyond explanation! Boom! This is all real. These things really matter. Our choices are SO important each and every day! 

There is more to life than the monotony we sometimes feel. This life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; I'm getting pumped just writing this email because it is so true. There is so much more than what we see on the news or in the stores. We get caught up in the daily grind and lose that vision of where we want to be someday. The Truth, unchanging and definite, is that we have the opportunity to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ once again. If we live the way He has commanded us to live, we can be sure we will receive Eternal Life! It's just so cool to me because it gives me assurance that what I'm doing now really matters and hope for tomorrow.

Things are great! Have a marvelous Independence Day! GO USA!!!

-Elder Sell

No comments:

Post a Comment