Sunday, August 10, 2014

"It's a boy!"

Last Monday, we celebrated my sixth month mark as well as Elder Miller's 23rd month mark by burning some gear. No cops came, so that was good.

On Tuesday, I drove Elder Miller to the Loveland Stake Center so he could be picked up and taken to Boulder to finish the four weeks of his mission he has left. He wasn't too happy about being transferred with only four weeks left. I don't blame him! I was with Elder O'Donley for Tuesday night until we met our "goldens" (instead of "greenies") on Wednesday morning. My new companion is Elder Davis from Long Beach, CA. He is excited to be here and ready to work. Since I am his trainer, mission lingo refers to me as his "dad" and he as my "son". Hence the title, "It's a BOY!" Hopefully I can keep up with him.



We found some new investigators this week and it was a miracle. I just felt impressed to try this Part Member Family/Less Active's home and his wife answered the door. She has always wanted to learn more about the Church but her husband has been antagonistic. But, he is changing her mind so hopefully we meet whit them this week. We also began teaching an 18 year old who is living with her grand parents for the summer. Good things are happening! 



We still have a long ways to go in this ward to get it to where it needs to be in terms of missionary work. We need the members to "catch the wave" and help us out! 



To finish, I just want to bear my testimony that Jesus Christ lives. Because He lives, we will too :)



Love,

Elder Sell


No comments:

Post a Comment