Monday, October 13, 2014

Meet the Mormons is coming!

We watched all three sessions of #LDSConf at the stake center on Saturday. I loved all the sessions but a few talks especially stuck out to me. I won't go in to detail but it's cool how different things stick out to different people depending on their current situation. I learned some new things for myself as well as my investigators in this area. 


Sunday morning, we had breakfast with the Mellman family in Eaton. A big, round, delicious cinnamon roll was waiting for me with a tall, cold glass of milk when we got there. We all got hunkered in for the two hour long session of conference. We had all the crayons, paper, Cheerios, and snacks needed to endure. What I didn't mention yet is the fact they have 7 kids all below the age of 14. It was pretty crazy but fun being with them.  We ate lunch with them as well before heading back down to Greeley to catch the afternoon session with the Tippetts. They have 4 kids and it was fun as well. We had dinner with our Ward Mission Leader and his family. The Luke family has 4 kids as well and that was a great time too! We ate a traditional Filipino dish (he served in the Philippines) before going to just on the trampoline with the kids. Let's just say bouncing after eating some sort of foreign dish isn't the best combo. I tried this thing where I would jump as high as I could before landing on my bottom then do a backhand spring and I actually pulled it off without killing myself. The kids tried to popcorn me but they barely would get me off the ground. Then, Bro. Luke tried... he didn't crack me until I landed on my neck then I broke right open. My upper back and neck is sore today! We ate cookies with them and played Uno and this cow/dice type game. Anyways, it was a very spiritual/fun Sunday.



I am grateful for general conference. I especially loved Elder Bednar's talk to end the conference. He spoke to non-members of all people! Check it out sometime. Also, Meet the Mormons is coming to a theater near you so check that out too. The Church is true and living the Gospel will make us happy.

-Elder Sell
Eating at Cafe Mexicalli

We saw Walter White from Breaking Bad while driving. We took a picture of him and he waved and smiled afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment