Monday, December 8, 2014

HE IS THE GIFT!!!

First off, watch this video if you haven't. The link will take you right to where you can watch it. Do it! Do it now!!! http://www.mormon.org/christmas

It was a better week than the last. We went tracting inviting people to have a Merry Christmas with an emphasis on the whole CHRIST part of Christmas. Everyone agreed with us and we invited them to hear our message. Everyone declined, but one. Patty, this 70+ year old lady decided to listen because she is interested in all faiths. We talked about the Church Christ organized while he was on the Earth and how he gave authority to those to run his Church. We then talked about the loss of the truth and how Joseph Smith wanted to know what was true. Right there on her doorstep, I described the First Vision in Joseph Smith's own words, "I saw a pillar of light..." The Spirit was there for sure. She was touched and accepted to read the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Hopefully she will continue her desire to learn for herself what is true by the power of the Holy Ghost.

We had a ward Christmas party that was Bethlehem themed. Everyone wore robes and such and it was legit. We received a bag of coins when we entered the "village" and we had to barter for our traditional Jewish food , consisting of fried chicken strips, fruit, rolls, and desserts. Got to love it :D I didn't bring my camera or you'd see how similar I looked to a Jewish aristocrat. 

I'm trying to think about what else we did this week that was fun or interesting or spiritual. Thinking is too hard. My letters used to be much longer and more detailed  Now that I'm approaching 11 months out, I'm getting burned out of this mass email thing. I basically still do it so I can have multiple perspectives to recollect my mission from. I have the awfully blunt version called my journal. I have the sophisticated report that is my letter to President. I have my individual emails to my Mom and Dad which usually contain more emotion, and then there is this mass email that is just basic details haha. Got to LOVE IT! 

I love being a missionary still. I need to work harder though so I have zero regrets. And I know as I work, I'll be blessed. Not just now, but my whole life. This lays the foundation for my whole life. As Christ says it best in Matthew 7:

 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

As well as Helaman, a great prophet in the Book of Mormon says it:
 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

He is my foundation and HE IS THE GIFT!!!

Love,
Elder Sell

No comments:

Post a Comment