Sunday, June 7, 2015

"it's not about you!"

Another week in da life

Weeks seem like days and days seem like hours. It's so crazy. And I
heard that life only gets faster from here on out. Oh boy... I'll be
married with kids before I know it, but let's not get ahead of
ourselves.

A few highlights from the week:

- last Monday, Memorial Day, we texted 70 people to come play soccer
and 10 said yes. Only two showed up but luckily there were 10 or so
Hispanics there playing so we all had fun celebrating Freedom. I ran
7.0 miles in the 3 hours we were there playing.
- I was trying to figure out the best way to contact all the less
actives on our ward directory and I came up with the idea to use text
messaging. I knew that if we identified ourselves in the first message
sent that we wouldn't get a reply, so I simply sent "hey how've you
been?" That got a reply out of most of the people we contacted, mostly
asking,"who is this?" We identified ourselves as the missionaries and
we had some interesting responses. Mostly bad responses.
- Angelle, who has been coming to church for six weeks now came up to
us after church and said she wanted to be baptized. The only problem
is the man she wants to baptize her isn't worthy right now and he
said, "it would break my heart" if she were to get baptized without
him doing it. We invited her to pray about when she should be baptized
and that dude needs to stop being so prideful "it's not about you!"
- we played some more soccer on Saturday with our ward mission leader.
What started out as a few friends kicking a ball around turn into an
international at World Cup game with like four different ethnicities.
We had refugees from Somalia, Mexico, American, and the kid from
Kansas.

My highlights are really lame this week hopefully better next week ;)

-E.Sell


No comments:

Post a Comment